Earlier today, multiple fire departments were on scene of an Indianfields Township fire believed to have been caused by an electrical problem.
Departments from Caro, Fairgrove, and Mayville were at the scene of a house fire at 1657 Dixon Road, southeast of the Poet Biorefining plant.
Also on scene were MMR, Caro Police Department, Tuscola County Sheriff’s Department, and DTE Energy. No one was injured.
The fire was reported at about 10 a.m.
Caro Fire Chief Randy Heckroth said the fire is believed to have started “in the upper portion of a wall, in a bedroom.”
“When I got here, the fire had got through the wall, and was travelling across the attic,” Heckroth told The Advertiser. “Firefighters went in and torn the ceiling down and the wall to expose everything and we believe we have 99 percent of the fire down at this time.”
Heckroth said firefighters were to going to pressurize the house and force all of the smoke out.
The house is two doors down from the location of a housefire the Caro Fire Department responded to on Sept. 16.
It’s owned by Aaron Spenser and Bryan Spenser.
Bryan Spenser said the brothers first became aware of the problem when a fish tank light went off.
“We went in there to see what was going on…and we saw smoke coming out,” Bryan Spenser said.
Aaron Spenser said he jumped into the attic and saw flames.
As firefighters ripped the walls of the house apart and doused the insides with water to make sure the fire was completely out, Bryan Spenser said the plan is to fix the house.
“That’s all we can do. There’s no insurance,” he said. “Luckily, we got people we can stay with.”
Andrew Dietderich is editor of The Advertiser and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org