Our lives are being changed by the United Nations

Editor, Advertiser:

I am very concerned that most people are unaware that the United Nations is subtly working to change the very foundations and culture of our country. The UN adopted Agenda 21 14 June 1992 as a “comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the UN system, government and major groups in every area in which humans impact the environment.” Agenda 21 ostensibly seeks to promote “sustainability” (the latest revisionist word for “environmentalism,” since Americans have learned too many negative things about environmentalism.)

Agenda 21 promotes European socialist goals that will erode our freedoms and liberties. Congress never approved Agenda 21, although Presidents Obama, Clinton and George H.W. Bush have all signed Executive Orders implementing it. Our Constitution, however “prohibits states or their subdivisions from entering into any treaty, alliance or confederation with foreign political organ.” Article 1, Sec. 10.

Although not fully implemented, this plan has worked under the radar in most every area of our life. International codes and countless regulations infuse our building, fire, fuel gas, wild land, zoning and other areas. Additionally, land (Eminent Domain), plants, animals, education (Common Core Curriculum), water, transportation (limited refineries) and more are being altered because American’s affluence is seen as a major problem which needs to “be corrected.”

It’s important that every citizen make an effort to learn how our lives are being drastically changed by the UN. Why would any citizen want the United Nations to influence our codes and principles let alone dictate to us? The internet offers much information on “Agenda 21.” Also, the Western Thumb TEA Party will focus on this topic at its March 7 meeting at the Vassar Public Library. I am hopeful that many of our citizens will take advantage of this opportunity to learn more of this threat to our lives.

Yours truly,

Suzanne Hall

Filed in: Letters

Recent Posts

Bookmark and Promote!

16 Responses to "Our lives are being changed by the United Nations"

1. cwhitney says:

This has been going on since the late 1980′s (and probably was started before). I don’t feel like I’m in a communist country. It’s sounds to me as if the presidents from George HW Bush (and probably Reagan) on have realized that you can’t just pee in one end of a swimming pool. We are to be good stewards of the earth and that crosses political boundries. From what I’ve seen, the US is the standard which other countries are trying to emulate. There are a lot of “tin foil hat” groups that are painting this as a conspiracy however. The author is correct, there is a lot of information on this topic.
    This agreement does appear to violate the Constitution in so far as it appears to be an alliance between states (or the groups from those states) and foreign nations. I would be interested to hear arguments from both sides on that. The internet stories tend to lean toward the tin hats on this one.
    I applaud the author for not accusing one political party or another however. Agenda 21 has been approved and forwarded by both houses in our government and presidents from both parties have been instrumental in the US’s involvement. That means for the conspiracy to be true, we have to acknowledge that all of our government, republicans and democrats (with the possible exception of independents, green party, …), are involved in manipulating us in order to destroy the American way of life.

2. cwhitney says:

Also, I have done several trainings, and will undergo more, on the subject of the common core curriculum. I am very involved in its implementation in my school as are many schools across Michigan and the United States. I was also involved in implementing Michigan’s High School Content Expectations (HSCE’s) or the Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCE’s or “glicks”). These goals are nearly identical in most repects. However, I would say that in the last 20 years, Michigan has seen an increase in the number and variety of credits that are required in order to graduate. There is much less local control on this issue. This was prior to the implementation of the Common Core Curriculum however.
    I would be interested to know how Agenda 21 connects to the real life of Tuscola County children in their schools. I’m not sure how teaching students to recognize a linear vs an exponential pattern fits into an environmental agenda whose mission is to “promotes European socialist goals that will erode our freedoms and liberties.” If I am unconciously doing this because I am being manipulated by evil global rulers who are trying to take away all of my possessions, then they are really good manipulators. Where does the “rubber” of Agenda 21 and the common core curriculum meet the “road” in the classroom?
    In my opinion, the course of a high school career today is very similar to what it was when I went to school. You learned a basic core curriculum of “reading, writing, rithmatic”, took some statdardized testing (they have had many alphbetical labels throughout the years), tried to achieve the highest GPA and test scores possible in order to get accepted into college and formalize my education from there. That model is still in place. Curriculum changes as society and technology change and advance, but the core model is still in place.

3. ernie1241 says:

Suzanne Hall obviously has been reading too much Birch Society propaganda.

Every few years the John Birch Society fabricates some new lurid conspiracy theory which warns of some imminent catastrophe being foisted upon unsuspecting Americans by (enter name of new villains here). Without such periodic renewal of its fear appeals, the JBS would probably go out of existence.

Agenda 21 is just the latest iteration of the Birch Society’s decades-long attempt to discredit virtually all of our national leaders and government officials.

In the 1960′s, the JBS warned about a “Communist plot” to convert our southern states into a “Negro Soviet Republic” and our civil rights movement was portrayed as a vehicle to foment another civil war. It was during this period that the JBS claimed our country was “70-90% under Communist influence and control”.

Then in the 1970′s, the JBS warned us about sex education in public schools and rock music being “plots” by “subversives” to undermine the morals of our youth.

In the 1980′s, traitorous “Insiders” (JBS code for Communists) in our government were “giving away” the Panama Canal and preparing to bring us into a “one world socialist dictatorship”.

In the 1990′s, the JBS warned us about the supposed treasonous attempts to create a North American Union — which would fatally compromise our national sovereignty.

Then, in 2011, the JBS warned that:
    “The history of the socialist movement in the U.S. is one of advocating mandatory public education. Recall that it is the tenth step toward communizing any country outlined by Karl Marx in The Communist Manifesto…The aim of the Conspiracy has always been to break down the old social order and replace it with the anti-God system of socialism. Kindergarten was part of the breakdown of the old social order and it included that indoctrination of children at an ever-younger age away from their parents.”

The common denominator running throughout all of these “sinister plots” is that [in Birch ideology], there never is any decent, honorable, principled, thoughtful, alternative, competing point of view to what the JBS prefers.

Instead, there are never-ending “plots” which are always populated by sinister, evil, powerful unscrupulous individuals at the highest levels of our government — which are designed to destroy our Constitution and our freedoms.

These fear appeals require periodic renewal or the JBS loses its excuse for existence (and, more importantly, its revenue from members fees and contributions from gullible adherents).

4. Conservative Man says:

CHitney; You said the US is the standard which other countires are trying to emulate. With that being said, Why is it that Obama wants to turn the US into a communist nation? In Chicago Obama’s inter circle are all communists! Both parties need to step up to the plate and work to together BUT Obama doesn’t want to step up to the plate! He just wants to run around the bases playing golf.

• cwhitney says:

I think you just invented a new sport. Basegolf. It’s not that I’m avoiding your question, you just can’t argue with crazy. Why don’t you let us all know why Obama is trying to turn the US into a communist country. I can’t for the life of me figure it out. This ought to be interesting.

5. Conservative Man says:

You are avoiding my question CWhitney and just like all other liberals you go to the name calling or labeling. When I read your comments and others like you I think WOW and these people vote!!

• cwhitney says:

I didn’t call you crazy, buy your question is. Even though I obviously don’t think Obama is a communist who is trying to turn the US into a communist country, you seriously want me to tell you why I think Obama is trying to turn the US into a communist country. Well, I have a few questions first. Obviously, a president doesn’t work in a vacuum like a wizard behind a curtain. He has advisors, colleagues, not to mention two other branches of government to deal with. Either they have to all be on his side, or he has to be able to pull the wool over their eyes as well. Obama has recieved plenty of support from Bill Clinton. He is on record as saying that Obama’s policies are right for this country. Do you believe that Bill Clinton is also a communist or has he been fooled into supporting a sleeper cell communist president?

• cwhitney says:

If I were you, I wouldn’t asnwer that question because I have about 10 million more. In order for me to believe that Obama is a communist who is trying to make the US a communist nation, there are many, many details that have to be considered. When I vote (I know its hard for you to believe that other people vote), I prefer to be informed. So please, convince me that Obama is a communist. When you actually consider the reality that he is secretly trying to turn the US into a communist country, you have to think of the thousands of people that he deals with regularly that either have to be in on it, are scared to talk about it, or have no idea that it is going on. John McCain is on record saying that he feels Obama is a good and decent man who he simply disagrees with. What facts are you aware of the John McCain is ignorant of. Lay out your case with facts. I told you this would be interesting.

• cwhitney says:

While you are at it, explain how the common core curriculum fits into that picture. It was mentioned in the article and I can’t figure that one out. You sound like you have the whole “Obama is a communist” story down. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to enjoy some GI Joe cupcakes and call it a day.

• cwhitney says:

Con. Man, you are smart to bow out of this one. Nice try though.

• cwhitney says:

However, if you do decide to convice me that Obama is a communist. Don’t forget to mention the books he read in college and talked about in his book “Dreams of my father”, quotes from the same book taken out of context, his Kenyan born father, his association with Bill Ayers, other college associates, sermons from Reverand Wright, trips he took to Pakistan in his younger years, beliefs of his campaign workers, ACORN, video of him not putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem, or any endorsements he recieved from the Communist Party USA. If you have a love for chalkboards and graphic orgainzers, you can really work hard to make these “facts” line up and tell a story. In spite of my knowledge of all of these “facts”, I still voted for him. I still don’t think he is making us a communist nation.
      I wonder if you could be so honest about the trail of “facts” that hard left liberal consipiracy “experts” have lined up about Romney. His religion and its political aspirations. His business associations. The 47% scandal. etc, etc.

6. teabagmebaby says:

Conservative Man, Is Obama’s Boehner too limp to stand up against his hand of communism?

7. justwondering25 says:

Whitney, you bowed out of commenting … good deal… and then teabagme starts …. my only question is this …. do you really think you are accomplishing anything here …

• cwhitney says:

Yup. He asked me why I thought Obama was trying to turn the US into a communist nation. I thought that was a dumb question because we are not even close to a communist nation. I asked a couple of detailed questions that essentially takes the whole notion that Obama is trying to make us a communist nation and blows it to pieces. When you give someone a dose of reality outside of their bubble, it accomplishes something in my opinion. I was commenting on the article from the start, but conservative man came in with the whole Obama is a communist rhetoric. Are you accomplishing anything?

8. justwondering25 says:

Yes, am focusing on Eternal issues … see you in church tomorrow ….