Passed away Saturday, April 2, 2011 at the Wyndridge Health and Rehab Center in Crossville, TN, at the age of 74. He was born March 1, 1937 in Monroe, the son of the late Walter and Bertha (Hess) Emling, and came to Caro with his parents as a young boy. He graduated from Caro High School with the class of 1955 and joined the U.S. Army, serving in the Headquarter Company, 1st Armored Division at Fort Polk, LA. Ron was united in marriage with his high school sweetheart, Wilma Graham on March 24, 1956 in Caro, and resided at Fort Polk until Ron was discharged from the Army in 1957. The couple then returned to Caro and lived here until moving to Tennessee in 2002. Ron was a Past Exalted Ruler of the Bay City Elks Lodge #88 and a member of the Cumberland Elks Lodge #2751 in Crossville, TN. While in Caro, Ron was employed by the Michigan Liquor Commission, retiring in 1989 due to a disability. He was also a member of the Tuscola County Sheriff Department and a volunteer fireman with the Caro Fire Department. Surviving is the love of his life, Wilma Emling of Fairfield Glade, TN; their two children and spouses, Jake and Wendy Emling of Petoskey and Rene and Greg Tait of Sault Ste. Marie; four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. In respect of Ron’s wishes, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 14 at Ransford Funeral Home in Caro with Rev. Cameron Steele of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Caro officiating. Burial will follow at Indianfields Township Cemetery. The family will receive friends at Ransford Funeral Home on Saturday, May 14 from noon until the time of the service at 1 p.m. Memorials may be made to the Bay City Elks #88 Scholarship Fund at 306 Fifth St. in Bay City, MI 48708 or to the Greater Thumb Area Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #148 in Caro. The family was assisted with these arrangements by Ransford Funeral Home of Caro. Friends may share memories, thoughts and prayers online at www.ransfordfuneralhome.com.
Comments Off on RONALD J. EMLING, Fairfield Glade, TN, formerly of Caro